Friday, January 28, 2011

Meet the Radleys

Peter, Helen and their teenage children, Clara and Rowan, live in an English town. They are an everyday family, averagely dysfunctional, averagely content. But as their children have yet to find out, the Radleys have a devastating secret

From one of Britain’s finest young novelists comes a razor-sharp unpicking of adulthood and family life. In this moving, thrilling and extraordinary portrait of one unusual family, The Radleys asks what we grow into when we grow up, and explores what we gain – and lose – when we deny our appetites.(Goodreads)


What I liked:
This book was a real page turner. I loved the characters, each with their own point of view reflected. This is a great book for teens and adults. My favorite part was when the bully gets his due. When you read it, trust me. You will know. Great job Matt Haig. You are now officially an author I will be paying attention to. (In a good way!)

What I didn't:
It ended. You know those books that make you sigh when you finish out of sheer sadness because you have reached the last page? Yes, zombie horde, this is one of those books. Get it today. It will warm your little zombie heart.
This book qualifies for the Horror and Urban Challenge and the Vampire Challenge....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love the blog! I'm a huge zombie fan, and it's actually what brought me here today.

    My friend and I have recently published a 80,000 word choose your own adventure zombie survival book that we hope you can review on this site.

    This book is packed with adventure and survival, letting the reader make the decisions that test his or her zombie apocalypse survival knowledge. The book has been out since Jan. 8th, and despite limited released has already seen some positive reviews on Amazon.

    The plot centers around a necromancer who controls a vast horde, a necromancer who wants to turn the entire world into zombies. As the reader, you make the decisions that will either lead to your death, lead to a confrontation with the necromancer, or you lead to your flight from him.

    We would love to have our book reviewed on your site, and would be happy to supply you with a free e-copy. I hope that you are interested, and I can be contacted at kylewest@ou.edu, or contacted through the book's blog, nightofthenecromancer.blogspot.com.

    Thank you for giving this comment your time and thought.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!