Saturday, March 12, 2011

Zombie, Ohio: The Review

 The Verdict:

This book rocked my world. I could not put it down. To see a full description, see my earlier article with blurb from Goodreads.

What I liked:

Honestly, I loved this book for everything it was and wasn't. Peter, the main zombie character, was murdered and then he woke up as a zombie. The only difference is he could talk, reason and shoot your face off with a gun. Oh, and totally eat your brain.

Finding out who killed him and his adventures along the way make Peter one of my favorite zombie characters. Ever. In fact, if they made a movie out of this book, I would be there in line waving money for the IMAX screening. Yep. I would. (I don't go to the movies, people. But for this I totally would.)

What was different about this book:

Yes. You have zombies munching on brains. Sure. You have hordes decimating the countryside and military battles for regaining control. But you also have Peter directing traffic as it were, and trying to figure out how to help his girlfriend and kids find safety. What kind of zombie does that? A rational, thinking, feeling one. I actually cried on a couple of occasions. Laughed lots of times too. Peter the zombie. Love you man!

There was nothing not to like, unless you mind the occasional profanity and a bit of zombie gore.

5 out of 5 stars. If I could give 10 stars, I would. It was that good. So go out and support Scott Kenemore and let him know he needs to keep writing zombie books.

Thank you Skyhorse Publishing for sending me a review copy. You can find a copy anywhere books are sold.

"Kenemore's debut is a darkly humorous depiction of one zombie's struggle for enlightenment and redemption...There's plenty to satisfy zombie fans who've come to expect some philosophy with their gore."

Publisher's Weekly

"George Romero, director of the original Night of the Living Dead and its sequels, should snap up the rights to this novel...Kenemore combines humor with horror in a way that is guaranteed to make any zombie fan stand up and shout: Braaaaaaains!"

Booklist

2 comments:

  1. I'm sold. ^_^ Hadn't heard of this book before, but I'll definitely have to pick it up now. A likeable protagonist who happens to be a zombie...yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much profanity for me, unfortunately (at least one "fuck" per page).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!