Monday, April 4, 2011

The Undertakers


On a sunny Wednesday morning in October, a day that would mark the end of one life and the beginning of another, I found out my grouchy next door neighbor was the walking dead. When you turn around expecting to see something familiar, and instead see something else altogether, it takes a little while for your brain to catch up with your eyes. I call it the 'Holy Crap Factor.'A" Forced to flee his home and family, twelve-year-old Will Ritter falls in with the Undertakers--a rag-tag army of teenage resistance fighters, who've banded together to battle the corpses.

Goodreads

This book is a middle grade age book, but has a good voice and interesting characters. When the publisher sent me this in the mail, knowing how much I love zombie books, I was thrilled. Normally middle grade is a bit young for me, but this one was something else. 

 I enjoyed it because it had kind of a different take on the zombie theme. Very good and you don't feel that you are reading down, if that makes any sense. Some middle grade books leave me wanting. This one did not. It kept my interest and I really enjoyed it. It had a different kind of flair and made me keep reading! I will be looking for more from this author. Check out the book trailer below from Sourcebooks.



Excellent read! 4 out of 5. Out today! April 5th!


Ty Drago is on Goodreads and has his own website.
http://www.tydrago.com/ Check it out and sign the guestbook on his website.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. I'm not interested in Middle Grade books either, but this sounds great. Maybe I can get it for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!