Friday, April 8, 2011

Follow the Zombie Friday



It is time for another Follow Friday. Today we are witnessing a short film of a bunny/zombie massacre. Watch out, zombie horde. They can be vicious!



Feature & Follow Friday #40

Happy Follow Friday everyone! Let me tell you a little bit about this HOP. Every friday or really Thursday evening we all get together and say HI! But, we need to know how to find you, so please leave your link in the Mr. Linky below. Also on Follow Friday we have a Feature...because alliteration is the way we roll. Each week is a different feature from the book blogging community. They are picked randomly or I give in after multiple harassing emails. Just depends on the week. If you want to be next weeks feature...leave your link. Also, I've had a recent rash of people signing up on the linky weeks later, which sort of defeats the purpose. If you want to participate check back here on the next Friday!

Our feature this week is...






Hi there, my name is Lesley from My keeper shelf, I live in Scotland in the UK.

I'm fairly new to the world of blogging although I have always checked out other blogs for what to read next suggestions. It kind of started with joining Goodreads last year to help me keep a track of all the books I had read and to find suggestions for fab new books from like minded paranormal romance and urban fantasy readers. I then progressed into joining a few groups on Goodreads to discuss my favourite authors (Karen Marie Moning, Stacia Kane, Ilona Andrews and Nalini Singh to name but a few.) and was then inspired to start my own blog focusing on the types of books I love the most- paranormal romance and urban fantasy (although I do love a good smexy cowboy book now and then!)

I love reviewing books but I am in no way a professional reviewer providing amazingly insightful critique, I like to keep it simple. I'm a reader first and foremost. I pick up a book because something about it interests me: the story, the authors previous work or the gorgeous cover. I absolutely love to drool over book covers and have realised that I often, ok I admit it always, judge a book by it's cover so I like to include new covers on my blog and well, drool.

I came up with the name my keeper shelf as that's how I categorise books. If I love a book it goes on my keeper shelf. This usually means I have folded down or bookmarked pages at the "good bits" and I will go back time and time again to reread my favourite pages. My blog is simple but fun (hopefully!) I would love it if you would come over and say hi.

Q. Do you judge a book by it's cover?

Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm a graphic designer, to me things should look pretty. If a cover is so bad, I won't even pick up the book. I have been surprised though. A book that I thought had a horrendous cover...I really enjoyed. Here it is, what do you think? Great book though...


My answer:

I have judged wrongly by a cover before. Take The Hunger Games. Not the best cover in the world. It makes sense now, but in the beginning, I didn't get it. Just looked like a boring cover that didn't appeal. How wrong was I? Totally! It rocked. So, now I have to tell everyone.




Stay tuned for a Book Blog Hop entry tomorrow. Have an awesome night and don't forget to stop by the Facebook Fan Page to say hi!


2 comments:

  1. The cover draws me in first, so it can take a while for me to try out a book with a cover I don't care for. I'm already a follower ! My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that there are so many zombie lovers around :D, totally in my element

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!