Saturday, November 13, 2010

Waiting for The Dark and Hollow Places




In a world where the Mudo rule, and humans have to be careful that they don't step too close to the fences or stand unguarded by the oceans, Carrie Ryan brings us a new book, The Dark and Hollow Places. I for one am waiting with bated breath.  (Well, if I had to breathe, honestly.)

The descriptive writing that Ryan uses to bring us into the story had my hair standing on end even before that poodle bit me. The thing that sits in my mind the most is the sound of the fingers reaching through chain link fence trying desperately to reach the humans inside. Can't blame them really, but I digress. I remember going to bed and dreaming about it, but as soon as I woke up, I wanted to go back there. In Zombies vs. Unicorns I was so happy that Ryan appeared with Team Zombie to bring us another adventure.

If you haven't read these great books, give it a try. What a great movie they would make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!