Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Life As A White Trash Zombie: The Review



Angel Crawford is a loser. Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now downward spiral her life has taken. That is, until the day she wakes up in the remembers being in an horrible car crash, anonymous letter telling her there's a job that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse. a brand new addiction: an overpowering who decapitates his prey--just when she's hungriest Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat. Literally.

Goodreads

Cover art: hmmmm. Interesting.

What I liked:

This book kicked butt! I loved every second of it, but admittedly, it is for a mature audience. After a friend telling me about it, I bought it on my Nook. It was awesome every step of the way. Angel is amazing as a new zombie trying to find her way in life (undeath), her addictions, a new job in the morgue and now someone is running around making headless corpses. Not cool. Angel has to try and figure out who her friends are really quick and how to get her next meal without chomping down on the local population.

Truly one of the best books I have read lately.

What I didn't:

The cover art.

Overall:

This book will become a series and I can't wait to see what is next for Angel and her life as a zombie. Totally unpredictable, this novel had me turning pages into the night and every spare chance I got. Zombie horde, this should be required reading. Seriously. Angel has the brains problem pretty much nailed. A delightful read that will make you snort in laughter and stub your finger on your e-reader to get to the next page.



2 comments:

  1. I bought this book last week. I LOVE the cover. I want that hair do so bad. I am definitely looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book and the cover. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!